29 June 2011

365 Days of Middle-earth

While I love bringing fans the latest news on 'The Hobbit' and other LOTR-related things, I would like to continue with my scholarly Tolkien work as well; therefore, I will be adding to my blog a "365 Days of Middle-Earth" segment, in which I will summarize a different person, place, object, event, or discussion topic each day, beginning on July 1, 2011, and going on for as long as I can manage (presumably for a minimum of one year, or 365 days). Of course, I can already foresee there being some days where I cannot post, due to other commitments and whatnot, but I will do everything I can to ensure that I get at least 365 different subjects posted within a reasonable time frame.

While I have compiled a list of over 200 topics, I do, of course, encourage questions/suggestions/topics from my followers. If you'd like me to include a particular character, weapon, location, etc., or if you have a specific question you would like answered, by all means, submit it and I'll do my best to make sure I cover it.

I will post my summaries/discussions/information here, but in order to better keep track of things, I have also made a Tumblr account (365DaysofLOTR) specifically for this. And don't let the name fool you; I'll be covering not just The Lord of the Rings, but all of Tolkien's stories.

As always, thanks for your continued support. I look forward to beginning this "challenge."

Cheers!
-Britta 

No comments:

Post a Comment