18 June 2011

Two New Additions to 'The Hobbit'

Two new additions to 'The Hobbit' have been announed: Luke Evans, who will play Bard the Bowman, and Benedict Cumberbatch, who, it has now been revealed, will be taking up dual roles as the voice of the dragon Smaug and the Necromancer, using the same motion capture techniques used to convey Andy Serkis as Gollum/Sméagol in 'The Lord of the Rings.'

Regrettably, I'd never heard of Cumberbatch until this news broke (shame on me!). Therefore, it seems like I'm going to need to start doing my research and watch a few episodes (or every one) of 'Sherlock' so I can really get a feel for Mr. Cumberbatch. Although, to be honest, part of me would rather it be a surprise, as opposed to going into 'The Hobbit' with any preconceived thoughts or opinions.

In any case, I am very excited that my favourite Hobbit character has now been cast - and I am even more excited to see how they adapt Smaug for the big screen.

Until next time,
Britta

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...