24 November 2011

A Message of Thanks…

In the spirit of Thanksgiving, I thought I would take the time to express my gratitude…

I began Tweeting and blogging in late June of this year, and honestly, I never thought I’d make it to where I am today : I’ve almost reached the 500 follower mark on Twitter, which in itself is something I never thought I could achieve. But even more remarkable than that are all of the opportunities with which I’ve been presented over the span of just five months, all the new friends I’ve made, and all the support and encouragement I’ve received from my friends and followers. It is an honour to be a part of the Tolkien Community, and an even greater honour to have “met” (virtually) and befriended so many of my fellow scholars, movie buffs, and gamers. I am also honoured to be a writer for the Middle-earth News, a fantastic network run by an amazing group of hard-working and dedicated individuals.

I am so grateful to have finally been given an opportunity to become actively involved within the Tolkien Community; from the moment I first read The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings, I knew that one day I wanted to end up where I am now. At the age of ten or eleven, it seemed like a far-off goal, and now that I’ve begun to dip my feet in the water, it seems almost surreal. I’ve still a long way to go – many papers to write and hopefully publish, and many other projects to tackle – but I am so thrilled to be on my way with so many wonderful people backing me.

That being said, I would like to extend my sincerest gratitude and appreciation to everyone reading this. I thank you for following me on Twitter and Facebook and for reading/sharing my blog – and for taking the first step and just looking at my pages.

You guys are the best, and I wish everyone a very safe and Happy Thanksgiving!

-Britta
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment