01 September 2012

Title of Second 'Hobbit' Film, Release Date for Third Revealed

Ever since news broke of Peter Jackson's two-part Hobbit adaptation becoming a Hobbit trilogy, fans have been wondering how this would impact the names of the films.

Yesterday, the titles for all three Hobbit films - as well as the release date for the concluding film - were announced. They are:

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey - December 14, 2012
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug - December 13, 2013
The Hobbit: There and Back Again - July 18, 2014

What do you think of The Desolation of Smaug as the title of the second Hobbit film? I'd love to hear your thoughts!

5 comments:

  1. Well it certainly gives us a good idea as to what content is going to be in what film! Haha. But I'm not sure if I like it - perhaps slightly anticlimactic, seeing as I'm sure the focus of the movie will be defeating Smaug, and well, we already know the outcome of that. I think the sound of the title is great, but still very undecided if I like it as the movie title! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Britta

    The Desolation of Smaug...I did not like, Smaug is a materialist, he became was very angry... ats;Smaug represents the materialism and atheism. sorry my english, i use google translator...kisses of brazil
    Marcos

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not particularly a fan of the word "desolation", as it makes for slightly cumbersome marketing. Still, it's better than Episode II: Attack of the Giant Dragon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. maybe...the wrath of the dragon, the fury of the dragon, the fury of the avaricious dragon..lol ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can sort of understand why they went with "The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug," but it seems too specific. I mean, obviously the second film is where we'll really get to see the dragon, but the title would suggest that the second film is going to be almost entirely about Smaug and his takeover of the mountain. (Though on the other hand, the dragon's death is a great point at which to pause the trilogy until summer 2014, and it would make an excellent cliffhanger.)

    ReplyDelete