07 April 2013

Getting Back Into the Swing of Things...

First and foremost, my sincerest apologies for having been away/inactive for so long. Unfortunately, "real life" and other such things got in the way just a wee bit. But now I'm back and ready to begin posting regularly to this blog again.

If you don't follow me on Twitter, then you probably missed the poll I put out a few weeks ago: If I were to occasionally discuss other fandoms on this blog, would you mind? The general consensus was either, "I'd love to read more about the things you're interested in!" or, "I would only read the Tolkien-themed posts, but feel free to go ahead and expand."

Personally, I feel that posting a variety of things will help expand both my blog as well as my audience; for awhile I had tried (unsuccessfully) to run a second blog for the "non-Tolkien" stuff. I believe having everything in one place will be much easier to manage; I will also have an easier time updating this blog as frequently as I'd like.

If you're only interested in my Tolkien posts, don't you worry! That will still be my top priority here – which actually brings me to my next topic of discussion.

I would like this blog to become more of an academic/informative area in regards to Tolkien; as such, I am currently working on a few short essays to post in what I hope will be the near future. Here's where I need your help: if there's anything in all of Tolkien's works that you're interested in, confused about, or just want to learn more about, please leave a comment below, shoot me a message on Facebook, or Tweet me your suggestion!

And, as always, thank you for reading my blog, following me on Facebook/Twitter, and – most importantly – putting up with my extended absence!

Best,
Britta xx

7 comments:

  1. I'm very happy for your return and I can't wait to read more! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read your blog through Google currents. It seems you tweet and play lotro. I don't tweet but play lotro now and again. Looking forward to more of your writings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've been posting a lot of my LOTRO updates solely on Twitter, but I'll be sure to post them here as well!

      Delete
  3. Hi Britta!!
    Like you, I'm back too. It's been 2-3 months and your blog continues to excite your followers :) I like the new background. It seems like you're blogging about non-Tolkien things like The Walking Dead! I don't mind because I like the show. Can't wait for the fourth season this October. I stopped watching Revolution and Game of Thrones this month. Game of Thrones has a good plot but I can't bear the violence, nudity and torture any more lol. And Revolution is just a bad script in my opinion :) I'll follow you on Twitter because I just set up mine, and I'll check for you on Facebook too. No more rambling but you have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sophie, and welcome back!!

      Yes, I am trying to expand my blog a bit to cover more than just Tolkien; I have a lot of interests and I just want to talk about them all!

      I gave Revolution a shot, but it turns out I didn't like it as much as I thought I would! The premise was great, and it had a lot of potential...but the script was lacking, I wasn't attached to the characters, and Abrams' mysteries dragged on for too long, in my opinion.

      I haven't checked out Game of Thrones yet (I was trying to read the books first, but couldn't get into those, either). But I'm thinking I should try to start getting caught up on the TV series! (I need something to tide me over until Walking Dead returns!)

      I look forward to connecting on Twitter and Facebook! Best wishes!!

      Delete
    2. Thank you! Having other interests on your blog sounds good. It's sad that Revolution turned out like that. The premiere was great. Game of Thrones is in it's 3rd season so I think you can catch up if you can bear it :) Check out Revenge or Person of Interest...those are great plots! Especially Revenge :)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...