- What are the humorous elements and their function within the various textual genres (i.e. literary, poetic, academic, and epistolary texts)?
- Tolkien’s understanding of humour and related phenomena such as irony or satire and their conceptual relevance for his works.
- Concepts and relevance of humour in the context of a mythology written by a modern author.
- Adaptation and transformation of Tolkien’s humour in Tolkienian fan-fiction.
- Adaptation and transformation of humour in interpretations of Tolkien’s works in other media (comic/graphic novel, drawings/paintings, film etc.)
- Strategies of humour in parodies of Tolkien’s work.
For more information, please visit the publisher’s webpage.