09 January 2015

Happy New Year & First Haul of 2015!

A (belated) Happy New Year to you all! I hope everyone has had a joyous and relaxing holiday season. Now that the madness has died down, I expect to return to blogging as vigorously as I used to. For my first post, I thought I would follow last year's trend of posting my very first Tolkien haul of the year.

As you probably read in my previous post, I spoiled myself with a silver version of the One Ring – and I was so impressed when it arrived that I immediately purchased another gift for myself from Badali Jewelry: Thrór's Key in bronze (http://badalijewelry.com/The-Hobbit/The-Hobbit-Necklaces/Bronze-Thr-r-s-Key-Necklace.html).

This key has me itching to try a Dwarven cosplay in 2015!
I absolutely love ordering from Badali Jewelry/My Precious Fantasy Webshop because they draw inspiration from Tolkien's books, rather than Peter Jackson's films; and I love their interpretations of various items (Badali also offers the Elfstone, an Arkenstone replica, the emeralds of Girion, and more). Of course, the key will not be my last purchase from them – I do have a birthday coming up, so I've already started dropping hints to friends and family!

I also made another attempt to order a set of The Lord of the Rings I'd been dying to get my hands on: the 1965 editions with covers by Barba Remington. I've been a Tolkien lover for over a decade now, but was never brought up on Tolkien; thus, finding editions dating earlier than the 1970s has often proved challenging for me (at least in terms of searching in used book stores and not wanting to pay a fortune just yet). I tried to order this set once before, but received a completely different set (which, fortunately, I didn't have, so I ended up keeping it). I took another chance, and this time I got what I wanted!
Remember to follow me on Instagram (@tolkienbritta) for more photos of my Tolkien Collection!

No comments:

Post a Comment