24 January 2016

My Tolkien Collection: Celebrity Autograph(s)

I've met three of the Hobbit and Lord of the Rings actors so far – Billy Boyd, Aidan Turner, and Sean Astin; I have pictures with all three and autographs from Aidan and Sean.


I had the pleasure of meeting Aidan at Boston Comic Con in 2013; I had him sign my deluxe pocket edition of The Hobbit, which had been a gift the previous Christmas from my boyfriend. Aidan was such a delight, and was even kind enough to later pose for a photo with me when I ran into him on the convention floor.


The following summer, Sean Astin came to Boston Comic Con. I had seen him before at ELF in 2006, but had not had a chance to meet him or get an autograph. This time, I jumped at the chance. Sean was even more charming than I'd imagined. Not only did I get a photo with him, but he was kind enough to sign my copy of his autobiography, There and Back Again: An Actor's Tale. 

Follow me on Instagram for more pictures of my #TolkienCollection!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...